Sunday, November 18, 2012

Haul: Drugstore Makeup



I was at Wal Mart a few week ago, (this post is just super late) and of course I ended up in make up section. The Wal-Mart location I was as at happened to be pretty quiet, so I was able to find quiet a few things I had been wanting to try.

The first thing I got is a Wet & Wild Color Icon palette in 335 Silent Treatment. After hearing all the hype surrounding them on YouTube and other blogs, I thought I would give them a try.And they certainly do live up to all the hype. I wore this palette to work recently, and the colors lasted till I got home with no fading which was around 5 hrs. They certainly are worth it especially considering the price point. The only downside is they can be a bit powdery but nothing crazy. A few high of the high end shadows that I have seen have similar powderiness.

(Why are the eyshadows not in the middle of the photo?)
L to R: Eyelid, Crease, Browbone

I also picked up 3 lip sticks while I was there. I saw the Rimmel Kate Moss collection so I picked up two shades 06 & 04. The dark purple one is a little difficult to work with in my opinion , it kind of almost has a greyish undertone and it just isn't flattering on me but it might work for others! The second shade I got is a bright hot pink which  is a beautiful shade, even though its not a dark vampy fall shade I still really like it and I'm sure I will get lots of use from it in the summer. One thing about Rimmel lipsticks I can't stand is the smell. It needs to be changed.

L to R: 477 Black Cherry, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate 06, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate 04
L to R: 477 Black Cherry, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate 06, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate 04
The third one I got is my favorite of the three and I have been wearing it constantly since I got it. It is Revlon's 477 Black Cherry, which I'm sure many of you have heard of. It is a beautiful black red and looks great applied full on or as a stain, and since it comes in a creme formula its easy to blend out. I usually only wear it as a stain because I do not have the guts to go out with it full on.

Left:276 Big City Dazzle Right:274 Matte Me Crazy

The last 2 things I got is 2 NYC nail polishes, they were have a 2/$3 deal so I thought hey, why not? I've wanted a Matte top coat for a while and for this price point it does the job. The second one is a glittery red polish with blue and pink sparkles. Haven't tried it yet but I plan on using it as just a top coat.

Well that is it for my haul! I definitely recommend that everyone goes and checks out 477 Black Cherry by Revlon and grab some Wet & Wild coloricon eyeshadow palletes!

Farha
x

10 comments:

  1. love the lipsticks xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow we don't have 04 and 06 Rimmel by Kate here in Italy! I love these colours! I've got one rimmel by Kate it was number 20 but I think in Italy numbers changed a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! The lipsticks look amazing. Want to follow each other? Let me know at www.foreverfuchsia.com!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors! Sure we can follow each other! I am your newest follower!!
    -ChloƩ Akari

    chloeakari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this post so much: these make up products are wonderful!
    What about following each other?
    Cosa mi metto???
    < Win a Love Obsessed $50 gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Those lipsticks are gorgeous!
    Found you on the Elle and Blair forum! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome haul!

    http://emma-sally.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for your lovely comment on your blog!

    That Wet n Wild palette is to die for, it's such a pity we cannot get WnW easily here in Ireland. I have four of the Color Icon palettes and a ton of lippies and I think they are amazing for the price, including shipping and everything!

    I've followed your blog and look forward to having your posts come up in my newsfeed. If you would like to return the love, here is my link :)

    http://totalmakeupaddict.blogspot.ie/

    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny, I have a Rimmel berry colour lipstick and I haven't noticed the smell. I think you were brave for buying 04 in the Kate Moss line! I came across it on sale and looked at the colour and said no way! Course I'm pale so anything bright shows up like crazy. I love my nude lips!

    ReplyDelete